Advice from An Garda Síochána
The An Garda Síochána have released the following advice regarding home crime prevention.
- Keep lights on inside and out.
- Do not keep large amounts of cash at home.
- Keep valuables & keys out of sight.
- Be alert to online and telephone scams.
- Do not share personal or financial data.
They also advise that you take the following safety measures:
- KEEP UNEXPECTED CALLERS OUT. Do not open the door. Use the door chain. Look for ID.
- Use only the services of people you know and trust.
- If you require assistance call your local garda station.
- Keep a lookout for friends and neighbours while adhering to appropriate physical distancing.
You can visit www.garda.ie for more crime prevention advice